Approval of new courses or revisions to existing courses must be approved first at the school/college level and then by the Committee on Courses. Beginning in 2015-16, course approvals and revisions will be managed through CourseLeaf .
Committee on Courses
The UO Committee on Courses screens all proposals for course changes and new courses, reports its recommendations by quarterly reports to the faculty through the University Senate, and advises the university editor on content and structure of the UO Undergraduate and Graduate Bulletin. For more information, please visit the Committee on Courses webpage , paying particular attention to the "Procedures for Curricular Changes" .
Charge and Responsibilities
The Committee on Courses is responsible for:
- Screening all proposals for course changes and reporting its recommendations to the university faculty through the Faculty Senate;
- Directing the University editor on the content and structure of the University Catalog;
- Consulting with the Undergraduate Council and the Graduate Council on curricular patterns of concern;
- Participating, on behalf of the university faculty, in planning the development and improvement of the instructional program of the institution;
- Reviewing courses not taught on a regular basis;
- Providing advice and assistance to schools and departments in the planning of the curriculum.