Following successful pilot studies, we have moved to full digital submission for all promotion cases. To support preparation of digital dossiers, we have created PDF portfolios for the primary dossier, containing several “fillable” forms and the various dossier sections to which the appropriate files may easily be added. We have also created a PDF portfolio for the supplementary file. Given the range of supplementary materials typically provided, this portfolio in essence provides a table of contents behind which documents may be uploaded. Recognizing that some materials may not be conveniently available in digital form, provision of some or all supplementary materials in print form is still permissible.
For planning purposes, it is important for Academic Affairs to have solid information about the number and type of promotion cases it may anticipate. When beginning the assembly process, please send an email to Pam Palanuk (email@example.com) containing the following:
- candidate(s) full name(s) and UO ID number(s)
- promotion (e.g., Instructor to Senior Instructor I)
- department name
Academic Affairs will supply the department with a current digital dossier for the primary file and a digital supplemental file. When the files are complete at the unit level, departments should forward the digital promotion files to the dean’s office. Following the dean's review and recommendation the dean will deliver the complete primary file and supplementary materials to Academic Affairs. We ask that files be provided to Academic Affairs on a USB thumb drive, accompanied by any hard-copy supplementary materials.
Vice Provost Ken Doxsee has provided a guidance document [PDF] for constructing a digital dossier.
- Sample Inquiry Regarding Availability to Serve as External Reviewer [Word]
- Sample Letter upon Agreement to Provide the Requested Evaluation [Word]
- Sample Paragraph Waiving Access to the External Letters [Word]
- Sample Paragraph for Retaining access to the External Letters [Word]
- Sample Paragraph for Candidates Who Have Taken Leave(s) of Absence [Word]
- Sample Paragraph for Candidates who are using Credit for Prior Service [Word]
- Sample Thank You Letter upon Receipt of Letter of Evaluation [Word]
Candidate's letter of waiver or non-waiver
The Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs has developed the below forms to assist in the calculation of eligibility: