October 6, 2016
The Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs is pleased to announce a newly developed workshop series for unit heads. In partnership with Human Resources, the Vice President for Research and Innovation, and the Vice President for Finance and Administration, we have developed a series of workshops and Q&A sessions throughout the year.
Registration is now live for the following workshops for unit heads during fall term.
- October 19: Building Relationships
- In the Building Relationships workshop we will cover essential aspects of HR for unit heads managing faculty, classified staff, and OAs. Topics include: performance management, addressing and differentiating between exempt and non-exempt employees, understanding labor relations, and handling difficult conversations.
- November 8: Budgeting 101
- Budgeting 101 covers a broad range of topics, including an overview of the structure of the university's budget; a discussion of the budget impacts of key decisions unit heads regularly face; review of key budget terms and concepts; and time for Q&A.
Additionally, we are offering the following workshop for NTTF faculty, unit heads, and unit business managers.
- October 25: NTTF Promotion
- This workshop is intended to help non-tenure-track faculty, unit heads, and business managers learn about the evaluation and promotion process at the University of Oregon. This session will cover both instructional and research NTTF. Topics covered include evaluation and promotion timelines; candidate responsibilities; unit responsibilities; and dossier preparation.
We look forward to seeing you there.