The Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs provides leadership to carry out the academic mission of the university. In service to this mission, Academic Affairs:
- Promotes and sustains the highest standards in teaching, research, and service.
- Fosters faculty excellence and achievement.
- Promotes a respectful work environment, equity and inclusion, a family-friendly workplace.
- Supports and coordinates matters that pertain to faculty and academics, including hiring, retention, promotion, and tenure processes.
- Advances university outreach to the local community, the state, and the national and international community.
CBA Implementation Updates
February 17, 2016 - See the 2/17/16 announcement regarding an important extension for Summer Session Templates
December 7, 2015 - See the 12/7/15 announcement regarding Summer Session Policy Development.
November 23, 2015 - The 2015-2018 collective bargaining agreement between the University of Oregon and United Academics of the University of Oregon, AFT/AAUP, AFL-CIO [PDF] is now available online.
March 31, 2016 - Clarification of process NTTF renewals
March 18, 2016 - Merit Raise Policy Review
February 11, 2016 - Sabbatical deadline reminder
February 5, 2016 - Welcome Mariann Hyland, Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Affairs