The Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs requests digital submission of all promotion and tenure files. The candidate’s file should be prepared digitally at the unit level. Once the unit review is complete, the file is to be forwarded to the dean’s office. Following the dean’s review and recommendation, the dean’s office will submit the primary file and supplementary materials to OPAA via Microsoft OneDrive.
For planning purposes, it is important for OPAA to have accurate information about cases that will be submitted. On or before June 1, please send an email to Sonja Runberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information for each candidate:
- Full name
- UO ID number
- UO email address
- Department name
- Review or promotion type
The dossier is to be submitted digitally as a single PDF with all elements included. Dossiers not submitted as a single PDF will be returned for reformatting. Units are encouraged to use the digital dossier template for compiling the dossier.
Supplemental materials are to be submitted digitally as possible. It is recommended that units use the supplementary file template for submitting materials. If files are not readily available in digital format, contact Sonja Runberg (email@example.com) for alternative arrangements.
Submitting the file
Promotion and tenure files are to be submitted to OPAA using Microsoft OneDrive. All UO employees have access to OneDrive. If you are unfamiliar with OneDrive or have questions about its use, please contact your IT staff.
Upload the candidate’s dossier and supplementary file using following steps:
- Create a folder in your OneDrive account, using the naming convention Last, First - School/College Dept (e.g., Doe, Jane - CAS History)
- Upload the dossier to the candidate’s folder
- Upload supplemental materials as applicable
- Invite Sonja Runberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) to view the folder, being sure to allow her permission to edit
- Email Sonja once the files are uploaded and the folder is complete. This completed folder will constitute the version to be reviewed through the remainder of the process. Any changes made after this point will not be reflected in the final version.
Questions about the preparation of the promotion and tenure file may be addressed to Sonja Runberg (email@example.com).
- Sample Inquiry Regarding Availability to Serve as External Reviewer [Word]
- Sample Letter upon Agreement to Provide the Requested Evaluation [Word]
- Sample Paragraph Waiving Access to the External Letters [Word]
- Sample Paragraph for Retaining access to the External Letters [Word]
- Sample Paragraph for Candidates Who Have Taken Leave(s) of Absence [Word]
- Sample Paragraph for Candidates who are using Credit for Prior Service [Word]
- Sample Thank You Letter upon Receipt of Letter of Evaluation [Word]
Candidate's letter of waiver or non-waiver